Charlotte, North Carolina is one of the top 10 fastest growing cities in the country. Hundreds of businesses and families are relocating there daily. There are many reasons why people are making the move to Charlotte: its excellent climate, the variety of entertainment and outdoor activities, a wide array of dining options and more.
But one of the main reasons why these individuals are relocating to the city is because of the excellent job growth brought by businesses relocating in the city. Here are some recent facts and figures from companies moving to Charlotte:
- French energy company, Areva, will be opening its headquarters in Charlotte. It is expected to bring 130 new jobs within the next 4 years.
- Electrolux, the leader in home and professional appliances, is expanding their headquarters in Charlotte. This is expected to bring 810 jobs.
- Hawthorn Retirement Group plans to build a three-story, 134-suite “home for the aged.”
- Metlife’s smooth transition into Charlotte is bringing a continuous hiring stream of 640 employees.
- DataChambers explained in their groundbreaking ceremony that they chose to relocate to the Research Campus in Charlotte because of its access to Interstate 85 and proximity to the Charlotte and Concord airports.
- Crescent Communities invested more than $100 million in expansion of Inn at Palmetto Bluff.
- imgresImagine! Print solutions buys another Charlotte-based printing company.
- Belk Inc. invested $32 million for its expansion in its e-commerce distribution and fulfillment center operations in Union County, S.C., bringing 170 new jobs.
- Fiber Composites, located in Stanly County town of New London, plans to bring 350 new jobs.
- AIC Ventures invested in a Monroe facility.