If you are selling your North or South Carolina home, it helps remembering that homebuyers are able to browse listings online from virtually anywhere. Not only will you attract local residents seeking to buy a home, but also those who are moving to the South for the first time. In either case, your focus must be on making your home for sale one that buyers don't want to live without.
Thanks to television programs and DIY tips for on home decorating, renovation, and trends, potential homebuyers often have several “wish list” items they would like when shopping for a new home. As they look through listings, they will find those that match their “must haves,” and sometimes their “should haves,” while other buyers may be “all-or-nothing” when it comes to finding what is essential to their needs.
Here are the top 8 features in a home for sale that buyers are looking for right now:
1. Smart home technology. The future is here, and with it comes the desire for homebuyers to want life easier by having technology match their needs. These may include home security systems, to better home lighting with dimmer capabilities, a programmable thermostat, sound systems controls for television and speakers, and the latest appliances. Even better is the ability to control things with a swipe or click of a button on their smart phone, or with voice automation.
2. Front door appeal. In the South, double front doors are popular. They also make a first-impression on potential homebuyers. Repaint or replace your front doors to make them look more welcoming to local buyers and out-of-towners alike.
3. Bedroom locations. Does your North or South Carolina home have a first floor master bedroom? It will make a great choice for multi-generational buyers!
4. Open floor plans with space for entertaining. Though this trend appeals to all ages of homebuyers, it is most common with millennials and multi-generational homebuyers, who desire ample space to entertain in informal settings, such as with open, multi-purpose kitchens and use of an outdoor living area and other rooms they can customize to their needs.
5. Walk-in showers. Traditional tubs are becoming less popular, replaced by the upgrade of a large, walk-in shower, preferably with a seat. They are easier for older homebuyers but get in and out of safely, with room for adding on handrails, but walk-in showers also appeal to homebuyers of any age who love that they are much easier to keep clean than tubs, and are more conducive to their fast-paced lifestyles.
6. Home organization. Having a place for everything is very important to today's buyers, who want less wasted space, and therefore are looking for smart storage solutions and walk-in closets, especially for the bedrooms, entryway, garage, and kitchen pantry.
7. Laundry room. More first-time homebuyers and move-up buyers desire more than just a section of a multipurpose room for laundering, and want a separately enclosed room instead.
8. More bathrooms. It makes sense that as buyers are looking for 2-3 or more bedroom homes, that they also want the same number of bathrooms. This includes both full and half baths, on one or more levels of a home.
How does your North or South Carolina home for sale stack up? If you are looking for ways to remodel your home and make it ready for the market, Showcase Realty would like to help you!
With our expertise, we can make your home attractive to buyers so that it sells that much quicker. Give us a call today at 704.997.3794 or you can send us a message here!
Home Sellers Library
If you're thinking about selling your Charlotte home, click here for an all-access pass to all the home selling information you need!