Sell your home fast
Selling your Charlotte NC home can be a daunting experience, more so when you want to sell it fast. With so many available homes in the market, you need to make your home stand out so it can be more attractive to potential buyers. This can be a big challenge because every other home seller is also doing to the same thing!
To sell your Charlotte property quickly, you need to make your home more appealing. Play up not just to the buyer’s vision but also to his or her emotions.
Staging your home to present a lifestyle is appealing to many buyers as they can easily visualize themselves enjoying in the property.
10 techniques for a quick sale
Here are ten great ways you can improve your home for a quick sale.
1. Spruce up your curb appeal. First impressions are crucial. This is especially true when you are selling a home. Make your home worthy of a second look by cleaning and mowing the lawn, pruning the dead leaves from the trees and bushes, adding some nice flowering pots and cleaning your front porch.
2. Clean, clean, clean! This should be obvious and a must-do for any home for sale. Give your home the cleaning it deserves. Clean the windows and doors.
Buyers love rooms with natural light, and clean windows allow exactly that. Clean the kitchen, including under the cabinets, and inside the drawers. Don’t forget the bedrooms, bathrooms, and walls!
Cleaning can be a tedious job, but it will do so much for your home. If you don’t have time, get a professional cleaning team for your home.
3. Declutter. Take out anything that is not absolutely necessary. Books, DVD's, trinkets, and excessive wall decor are just some things you don’t need but are still occupying space in your house, so donate them or store them. Your goal is to make your home appear larger, because that’s what buyers are looking for.
Clear your home of any extra items and leave only the essentials behind. This will provide your home with more space, and will make the interior look brighter.
4. Depersonalize. The moment you decide to list your home, you let it go. It’s not going to be your home anymore. It will become a product which you have to market, so remove any personal touches from the home.
Your goal is to make the home look neutral. This will help buyers feel like they are in a space they can own.
5. Let there be light. Replace the dark curtains with light colored curtains and open it up. Dark curtains do no allow natural light to filter into the room, while light colored ones let in plenty of light.
6. Donate or place excess furniture into storage. When you want to have more space, remove any excess furniture and donate them or put them in storage. Buyers prefer homes with a bigger space to move around, and when there’s only the basic furniture inside the home, they can easily imagine what they want to do with the space.
7. Rearrange your furniture. Once you’ve freed your home of any excess furniture, your home is now looking more spacious. It is time to stage it. Create a cozy seating arrangement where chairs face each other to encourage conversation. Make sure that the furniture in the room looks balanced.
8. Make your home smell good. One of the biggest turn-offs for many buyers is stepping into a home and smelling something weird right away. Each home has a distinct smell, though you don’t recognize it. Open the windows to let the fresh breeze in and air out your home.
9. Free up your closet space. Take out at least 50% of your personal items inside the closet. You want to make your home in Charlotte look bigger and more spacious. Organize your clothes. That way it will look more appealing.
10. Put away any toiletries and hang some fresh new towels. Newly laundered towels look and smell amazing, which instantly lifts your bathroom look.
When you want a fast sale, doing the suggestions listed above can help you achieve your goal.
For more tips and suggestions, call me, Nancy Braun at (704) 997-3794. Let's talk about how we can sell your home fast.