Tag Archives for " sell your home "
9. Make the best first impression. Remember that you only get one chance to make the best first impression to your prospective buyers through photos and the price of your home. Your listing will get five times more traffic during its first week than the succeeding weeks. Try debuting your home either Thursday or Friday because it will grab the attention of online home-buyers who want to visit homes during the weekend. A house that is debuted during Friday actually gets 37% more tours than those debuted on Monday, plus a $400,000 listing sells on average for $20,000 more.
10. Market your home online. Your listing will immediately appear on the MLS website, however, you need to ask your real estate agent to also post your home on Zillow. You can also consider premium placement on Realtor.com. Ensure that your home is mapped properly on each website.
11. Do an Open House. Doing an open house only sometimes affects the price at which a home will sell, especially when it’s done in the first week of the home’s debut, but you still need to do it. Continue decorating your home with flowers, preparing cookies or putting a sign-in sheet at the door. The sheet will help your agent follow up with your prospective buyers.
12. Always ask for feedback. Once you have placed your home on the market, you should host private visits to your home. It is your real estate agent’s responsibility to call your potential buyer’s agent and ask for feedback regarding your home and its selling price. If you’ve determined through feedback that your home is overpriced or requires some improvements, act on this right away.
Follow all these 12 steps and you will surely sell your home faster and for more money.
5. Home Staging. If you want to impress your potential buyers, then you have to consider staging your home. You can either stage an empty room and fill it up with furniture, or get rid of any clutter in a crowded space. Remember to fill in your home with natural light as this helps ensure that your home’s photographs will look great and grab the attention of prospective buyers that visits your home. If you don’t know how to start staging your home, check out some professional home stagers in your area.
6. Don’t stress about home remodeling. Unless you do a home renovation on an outdated bathroom or kitchen, home remodeling is not worth the added cost unless it increases square bartage. There are a few less-drastic and cosmetic home improvements you can do on a budget such as steam-cleaning your carpets, washing your windows, revamping your lawn, hiring the services of a professional home-cleaner, pressure washing your deck or cleaning out your home’s gutters. Doing such improvements won’t cost you more than a thousand dollars, but it’ll surely be worth it.
7. Hire a professional photographer. Do you know that 92 percent of home buyers these days search for their next home through the internet? It is important that you hire a professional photographer to potentially help your home’s selling price and the time it takes for the property to sell. It has been proven that professionally photographed homes sell faster and at a greater amount.
8. Price your home right. Ask your real estate agent to get you a comparative market analysis to help determine the local sales of homes similar to yours in the past few years. You can also visit other homes currently for sale in your area to determine how the selling process is going. If you’re no sure on where to start, begin with a lesser asking price. For instance, if you under price your home by $10,000, you may lose the amount, or maybe, multiple buyers will bid up the price. But if you overprice your home by $10,000, the home may stay on the market for months so you’ll eventually lose more money. The best results are achieved when multiple buyers are involved.
Still want more tips? Good news, we have one more post coming your way on 12 steps to sell your home faster and for more money.
Below is part one of this three part series of 12 steps to sell your home faster and for more money:
Stay tuned for part two of 12 steps to sell your home faster and for more money!