Tag Archives for " Sell Your Home Faster "
According to statistics, the primary step that most homebuyers do when searching for a home to buy is searching possible options online. In fact, 8 out of 10 homebuyers are checking the Internet to compete inventory and to put together a list of homes they want to see and possibly buy. Of course, any seller like you would want to be part of those listed homes. So what are the advantages of getting your home listed online with the help of a real estate agent?
You get more exposure to prospective buyers. With getting your home listed, you allow your property to be exposed to a lot more possible buyers even internationally. In this way, you don’t need to limit your property within your neighborhood where there are no possible buyers. At the same time, you don’t only target individual homebuyers but also real estate investors and companies who have higher chances of buying your home.
It’s a lot more convenient on your part. Real estate agents know the best sites or directory listings where they should post your property to get it sold quicker. Although you need to pay a small fee for such service, that’s certainly worth it because you save a lot of your time and effort than doing the conventional methods. It’s a lot faster too since your property is listed immediately in the right websites that’s mostly visited by prospective buyers. You don’t have to wait a long time to get your home listed especially the fact that time is important when selling real estate properties.
You have total control on your property’s marketing. Through real estate listings, you have total control on the information you want to be available to your prospective buyers. You can update your listing through your agent any time and as often as you need to. At the same time, prospective buyers can contact your agent through the listing to discuss the possibilities of purchasing your home.
You’re sure to get your home sold. As a seller, this is certainly what you want and this is more possible if you improve your traditional ways of selling your property by taking advantage of real estate listings. You have to embrace the fact that the Internet now has become a necessity even in selling real estate properties.
Selling homes have become a lot easier with the availability of web technology these days; therefore, as a home seller, you should use it to your advantage.
9. Make the best first impression. Remember that you only get one chance to make the best first impression to your prospective buyers through photos and the price of your home. Your listing will get five times more traffic during its first week than the succeeding weeks. Try debuting your home either Thursday or Friday because it will grab the attention of online home-buyers who want to visit homes during the weekend. A house that is debuted during Friday actually gets 37% more tours than those debuted on Monday, plus a $400,000 listing sells on average for $20,000 more.
10. Market your home online. Your listing will immediately appear on the MLS website, however, you need to ask your real estate agent to also post your home on Zillow. You can also consider premium placement on Realtor.com. Ensure that your home is mapped properly on each website.
11. Do an Open House. Doing an open house only sometimes affects the price at which a home will sell, especially when it’s done in the first week of the home’s debut, but you still need to do it. Continue decorating your home with flowers, preparing cookies or putting a sign-in sheet at the door. The sheet will help your agent follow up with your prospective buyers.
12. Always ask for feedback. Once you have placed your home on the market, you should host private visits to your home. It is your real estate agent’s responsibility to call your potential buyer’s agent and ask for feedback regarding your home and its selling price. If you’ve determined through feedback that your home is overpriced or requires some improvements, act on this right away.
Follow all these 12 steps and you will surely sell your home faster and for more money.
5. Home Staging. If you want to impress your potential buyers, then you have to consider staging your home. You can either stage an empty room and fill it up with furniture, or get rid of any clutter in a crowded space. Remember to fill in your home with natural light as this helps ensure that your home’s photographs will look great and grab the attention of prospective buyers that visits your home. If you don’t know how to start staging your home, check out some professional home stagers in your area.
6. Don’t stress about home remodeling. Unless you do a home renovation on an outdated bathroom or kitchen, home remodeling is not worth the added cost unless it increases square bartage. There are a few less-drastic and cosmetic home improvements you can do on a budget such as steam-cleaning your carpets, washing your windows, revamping your lawn, hiring the services of a professional home-cleaner, pressure washing your deck or cleaning out your home’s gutters. Doing such improvements won’t cost you more than a thousand dollars, but it’ll surely be worth it.
7. Hire a professional photographer. Do you know that 92 percent of home buyers these days search for their next home through the internet? It is important that you hire a professional photographer to potentially help your home’s selling price and the time it takes for the property to sell. It has been proven that professionally photographed homes sell faster and at a greater amount.
8. Price your home right. Ask your real estate agent to get you a comparative market analysis to help determine the local sales of homes similar to yours in the past few years. You can also visit other homes currently for sale in your area to determine how the selling process is going. If you’re no sure on where to start, begin with a lesser asking price. For instance, if you under price your home by $10,000, you may lose the amount, or maybe, multiple buyers will bid up the price. But if you overprice your home by $10,000, the home may stay on the market for months so you’ll eventually lose more money. The best results are achieved when multiple buyers are involved.
Still want more tips? Good news, we have one more post coming your way on 12 steps to sell your home faster and for more money.
Below is part one of this three part series of 12 steps to sell your home faster and for more money:
Stay tuned for part two of 12 steps to sell your home faster and for more money!