Tag Archives for " Move to Charlotte "
We’re proud at Showcase to have some of the best agents in the Charlotte area. Mario Restrepo is one of our best at Showcase, he has been a Broker/Realtor for the past 12 years and has been working with buyers and sellers in Charlotte for the last 7 years. We asked Mario why he loved the Charlotte area and what he highlights when showing homes to buyers, here’s what he had to say!
Marios Top 5 Reasons to Move to the Charlotte Area
1. North Carolina has a great climate, all seasons are represented in different parts of the state and are all in traveling distance.
2. There are so many different attractions that are in traveling distance from Charlotte, from the mountains of Asheville to the sandy shores of Wilmington it is a great place to start your family adventures from.
3. Charlotte has a ton of outdoor family oriented activities to discover: kayaking and boating on the rivers lakes and at the National White Water Center, Green ways for running jogging and walking, concerts at PNC Pavilion, and many professional sports teams to enjoy your favorite sport. Check out these fun things to do around Charlotte.
4. The city of Charlotte is constantly growing, because of the thriving economy new jobs and houses are sprouting everywhere around the area.
5. Money Magazine named Charlotte the best “Big City Bargain” and it truly is. The housing market is one of the most affordable around, from the investor to the first time home buyer, Charlotte is guaranteed to have a property for everyone.
RealtyTrac, a real estate information company, recently analyzed data from the Census Bureau and they were able to track the migration patterns of millennials from 2007 to 2013. As you can see from the map and the information these generation y buyers are on the move to the Charlotte area with a 32 percent increase in recent years.
Daren Blomquist, Vice President of RealtyTrac, was quoted saying “The millennial generation is the key to a sustained real estate recovery. Naturally, millenials are attracted to markets with good job prospects and low unemployment but that tend to have high rental rates and high home appreciation.”
With the exponential amount of jobs being added and the establishment of major sports teams, Charlotte is becoming an appealing location for many recent college graduates to either move to or move back to.
According to a new report released this week from The Demand Institute, Millennials and Their Homes: Still Seeking the American Dream, millennials are expected to make the move to the suburbs within the next 5 years. In fact, Millennials are expected to form 8.3 million households over the next five years and by 2018 they are projected to spend $1.6 trillion on home purchases.
If so, please join our newsletter and receive exclusive weekly home buying tips, financing guides and Charlotte, NC real estate news. Enter your email and click Send Me Free Updates