Your quest of where to move is answered!
United Van Lines has released its annual National Movers Study and the numbers have spoken. Charlotte is in the 9th spot of the official results as one of the most popular cities where people from all over the country love moving to.
United Van Lines is America’s number one mover and it keeps records of all transfers from one place to another. Their study showed that from May 1st through August 31st, 40 percent of the country’s households have chosen to change their place of residence.
Check out the other metro areas for U.S. families that made it to the cut of this year’s peak season:
- Seattle, Washington
- Dallas, Texas
- Portland, Oregon
- Denver, Colorado
- San Francisco, California
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Austin, Texas
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Orlando, Florida
What are the top reasons why people are moving to Charlotte?
Bigger cities have the tendency to become congested and a lot of people choose to move to the Southern region because it’s smaller and more private plus it has everything the city has to offer, without the hefty price.
- The city of Charlotte has a lot going for it. From 2010-2013, it became the second fastest growing large US City, with more than 150,000 people wanting to move there. Business is booming, too!
- The education in Charlotte is leveling up whether it’s public, or charter and private schools such as Waldorf or Montessori. Their high schools have an 85 percent graduation rate, 4 percent higher than the national average rate. The universities are exceptional, your kids will do well in Charlotte’s schools.
- Charlotte is now the second largest banking hub in the nation. It has been ranked number 14 by Forbes among the many places to put up a business and look for career opportunities. It’s also the home to several new and growing companies like Boxman Studios and Cloud Castle Group.
- A lot of people believe that it’s the small town charm that sets Charlotte apart from the other cities. Housing is 4 percent below average, the neighborhoods are cozy and the restaurants are to die for. Transportation is easy and they have wholesome activities for the entire family to enjoy. You will enjoy the milder climate in Queen City. You have easy access to both the mountains and the beach so the warmth of summer won’t be a problem!
This city is on the rise and if you’re planning to join the bandwagon and move to Charlotte, North Carolina, now is the time to do it!
I’m proud to be a bona fide resident. Call me, Nancy Braun, at 704-997-3794. I would love to eliminate all your worries so you can prove to yourself that moving here to Charlotte is the best decision you will make in your life!